Improve your Computer's Performance
Fragmentation makes your hard disk do extra work that can slow down your computer. Removable storage devices such as USB flash drives can also become fragmented. Disk Defragmenter rearranges fragmented data so your disks and drives can work more efficiently. Disk Defragmenter runs on a schedule, but you can also analyze and defragment your disks and drives manually. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Disk Defragmenter by clicking the Start button picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Disk Defragmenter, and then in the list of results, click Disk Defragmenter.
- Under Current Status, select the disk you want to defragment.
- To determine if the disk needs to be defragmented or not, click Analyze disk. Administrator permission required if you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Once Windows is finished analyzing the disk, you can check the percentage of fragmentation on the disk in the Last Run column. If the number is above 10%, you should defragment the disk.
- Click Defragment disk. Administrator permission required if you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Disk Defragmenter might take from several minutes to a few hours to finish, depending on the size and degree of fragmentation of your hard disk. You can still use your computer during the defragmentation process.
Is my PC running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows?
The terms 32-bit and 64-bit refer to the way a computer's processor (also called a CPU). The 64-bit version of Windows handles large amounts of random access memory (RAM) more effectively than the 32-bit version. Follow the steps in the sections below to find out if your PC is running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows and what edition of Windows is on your PC.
- Click the Start button, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
- If "64-bit Operating System" is listed next to System type, you're running the 64-bit version of Windows Vista or Windows 7.
- If "32-bit Operating System" is listed next to System type, you're running the 32-bit version of Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Our DNS Settings
DNS 1ns1.plateautel.net (22.214.171.124)
DNS 2ns2.plateautel.net (126.96.36.199)
MX Recordcuda.plateautel.net (188.8.131.52)
Hosted Web/Hosted FTPUsers.plateautel.net/username -or