A Tradition of Company Pride
As a member-owned cooperative, Plateau takes great pride in supporting community needs throughout our service area. As an investment in the future of the area citizens, this company has historically supported, through financial contributions, those programs and projects that encourage youth, build communities through partnerships and in education.
Employees of Plateau generously give of their time and resources where they live, raise their families, work and play. For over sixty five years, the company has participated in and assisted with community projects, school activities, youth sports, local government and other nonprofit group activities. In addition, the Board of Directors recognizes the importance of giving back to the communities, especially for those events or programs that impact the communities served. Thousands of dollars have been allocated for such activities and for student scholarships and economic development efforts throughout the region.
Not only does Plateau offer high quality communication services at affordable rates, it takes great pride in bringing employees, businesses and organizations together for the improvement of the quality of life in the communities in which we live.
Who May Apply
Groups or organizations may request a donation of funds by sending a brief description of the group or organization and a completed application. The following limitations apply in the request for funding:
Tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations are eligible. Contributions are not generally given for sole sponsorships of amateur or professional sports teams; travel or travel-related expenses; to individuals; to organizations based outside the company’s service area; to organizations of primarily religious or political focus, including campaigns for elections, or in support of elected officials for any reason at any level – local, state or federal; to events or organizations that heavily promote the use of alcohol and/or tobacco products, or organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, national origin, religion or creed.
How to Apply
Complete a Plateau Donation/Sponsorship Application. All requests and applications for funds should be directed to:Office of Public Affairs
P.O. Box 1947
Clovis, NM 88102-1947
A completed Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification (IRS Form W-9) will be required if funding is approved. Every effort will be made to reply to all requests and applications in a timely manner.
Donation / Sponsorship Guidelines
- Local schools including nonprofit organizations that provide direct support to schools
- Local chambers of commerce
- Local economic development organizations
- Local government entities
- Local nonprofit organizations (all proceeds must remain in the service area of Plateau)
- Other local 501 c (3) or c (6) organizations deemed eligible by Plateau
Organizations not Eligible
- Political organizations, parties or candidates
- Organizations with a strictly religious focus
- For-profit businesses
- Organizations based outside Plateau’s service area
- Individual sports teams
- Events and organizations that heavily promote the use of alcohol and/or tobacco products
- Groups that discriminate on basis of age, sex, race, color, national origin, religion or creed
- Program/project must benefit requesting organization or entity as a whole
- Program must benefit people in the service area of Plateau
- Requests must be relative to Plateau
- Requests must be in writing on official letterhead of requesting organization, accompanied by a Plateau Donation/Sponsorship Application - a completed Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification (IRS Form W-9) will be required if funding is approved
- Plateau Donation/Sponsorship Application must be completed in its entirety at least two weeks prior to date needed to receive consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Plateau reserves the right to approve or decline requests at its discretion