Committed to Excellence Scholarship
The Education Foundation is once again offering Committed to Excellence scholarships. Applications are available at area high school guidance offices, local Plateau retail stores (Clayton, Clovis, Farwell, Fort Sumner, Logan, Santa Rosa and Vaughn), or through the link below. Completed applications must be postmarked no later than March 1, 2019 and mailed to: Education Foundation Committee; c/o Plateau, P.O. Box 1947, 7111 N. Prince, Clovis, N.M. 88102-1947. For questions, call 1.575.389.4241 or 1.800.432.2369 ext. 4241.
Since 1993, the Education Foundation has awarded over $1.2 million in scholarship funding to area students. All students are encouraged to apply who meet these qualifications.
- Applicants must be a legal dependent1 of an active cooperative member2 who is currently receiving retail communication service in one of the Cooperative’s 26 service exchange areas (see footnotes for details) or a legal dependents of current Plateau employee who may not be an active Cooperative member, but meet other qualifications listed. (Subscriptions to services outside the Cooperative’s exchange areas do not qualify.)
- Returning college students who have not enrolled for at least the past two consecutive semesters.
- Applicants must use an award of scholarship to attend a regionally accredited vocational school, college or university.
- Applicants must have at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average (GPA) or equivalent on a 4.0 grade point scale.
- Students with at least a 19 ACT/1350 SAT score.
- Students with an Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) of no more than $10,000 ($12,500 for dependents of Plateau employees) on their current year’s FAFSA Student Aid Report. (See application for complete eligibility requirements).
1For the purpose of scholarship eligibility, a dependent is an individual that meets the IRS rules as a qualifying child for tax purposes and is classified as a dependent student on the FAFSA Student Aid Report.
2For the purpose of scholarship eligibility, an active Cooperative member is defined as a person, business or organization that purchases retail communication services within the Cooperative’s service area. Retail communication services purchased in the following areas will generally qualify as Cooperative memberships — 279 (House), 355 (Fort Sumner), 357 (Grady), 372 (Weber City), 374 (Clayton), 389 (Pleasant Hill), 421 (El Valle), 422 (White Lakes), 423 (Bingham), 427 (Anton Chico), 456 (Bellview), 458 (Ragland), 472 (Santa Rosa), 481 (Farwell, TX), 485 (Roy), 487 (Logan), 575 (East Glenrio, TX), 576 (San Jon), 584 (Vaughn), 633 (Nara Visa), 641 (Trementina), 673 (Mosquero), 683 (South Clovis), 849 (Corona), 868 (Conchas Dam) or 985 (Ranchvale). Subscriptions to Plateau services outside these areas do not qualify. Retail communication services generally include landline telephone and/or broadband internet.